Monday, January 5, 2009

100 miles . . . check

OK, it sounded like a good idea like it does every year. 100 miles, nice easy day just spinning along, enjoying life. Well, it was 11 degrees F outside and despite being sunny it was just too brutal to go out. So I opted for the trainer, selected a long video for my Tacx workout and went for it. and went, and went and it is a really long, sweaty, painful thing to be on the trainer for 100 miles (160km). Takes about four hours or so which means a lot of wet chamois pads, bottles of water, stretch breaks etc. that acutally drags out the total time to like 5 hours. But it's done.

Now the holidays are over, the kids went back to school today and of course it's snowing out. Shoveling snow burns how many calories per 30 minutes? Nevermind, so I decided to bring the cross bike in to work and I'll try to sneak out for a bit this afternoon. The woods are really cool when its quiet and snowy and you're pedaling along a forest track.

I held my own over the holiday, given all the stress of being home so much, the kids being stir crazy and not having a regular eating schedule. Happy New Year everyone, get out and ride!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY!! You are a Rock Star to the tenth power! Not only did you get your ride in, but you did it on the trainer! Mad props to you. I'm going to keep this feat in the back of my head for a day when I need extra motivation to do what I said I was going to do.

Awesome!