Monday, September 22, 2008

It's sooooo late . . . zzzzz

OK, not the healthiest day but I wasn't able to sleep last night so I put the time to good use and really cleaned out some stuff that needed purging. I got rid of all my old team uniforms from Hammer Racing in Colorado (geez its a lot and I know it was expensive too!) and just old crap. Except the closet in the bedroom which I wasn't able to get to 'cuz the wife and our 5 year old are sleeping. So, I made some progress. Found some music and books that got misplaced in the move and even found a great book by Mike Magnuson called Heft on Wheels which is about a really fat guy like me who got his butt in gear and in shape. Worth reading again; it has been in storage in Colorado for three years and got here with the last shipment of our stuff.

I'm fighting to stay awake now but at 3:30am it's very hard and I may doze for an hour or so. Most of my energy is spent but as part of the next assault on the barriers holding me back from my life, I needed to purge the old. There's a lot more to go but it's a big start and a good psychological push since I've been mentally holding on to the time I was at Hammer but I know with the back injury and weight I won't get back to that point, so out with the old and move on!

No comments: